The Florida Gulf Coast University Presidential Search Advisory Committee will hold onsite interviews Nov. 17 and 18 in the Myra Janco Daniels Public Media Center (WGCU) on campus. Meetings are open to the public.
The committee will interview four candidates on Thursday, Nov. 17, and six candidates on Friday, Nov. 18. The schedule for both days’ interviews and committee meetings can be viewed on the presidential search website.
The 10 candidates unanimously selected last week by the Presidential Search Advisory Committee for onsite interviews are:
- Dr. Martin Abraham – Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, Youngstown State University
- Dr. Irma Becerra – Provost and Chief Academic Officer, St. Thomas University
- Dr. Virginia Hardy – Vice President for Student Affairs, East Carolina University*
- Dr. Ken Harmon – Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, Kennesaw State University
- Dr. Daniel Heimmermann – Provost and VP for Academic Affairs, The University of Texas of the Permian Basin
- Dr. Donna Henry – Chancellor, The University of Virginia’s College at Wise
- Dr. Paul Jarley – Dean of the College of Business Administration, University of Central Florida
- Dr. Roderick McDavis – President, Ohio University*
- Dr. Karen Whitney – President, Clarion University
- Dr. Helena Wisniewski – VP for Research and Graduate Studies, & Dean of the Graduate School, University of Alaska Anchorage
*11/18/16 UPDATE: Dr. Virginia Hardy and Dr. Roderick McDavis have withdrawn from consideration since this post was published.
The candidates’ application materials can be viewed here.
For those unable to attend the interviews, electronic access will be available via live streaming and posted recordings of the interviews. Anyone with an Internet connection can watch the interviews online as they happen. They will be streamed through YouTube, and on Thursday and Friday at the interview times they can be viewed here.
Each candidate interview will be recorded and posted on the presidential search website. Thursday’s interviews will be posted at the conclusion of that day’s interviews, and Friday’s interviews at the conclusion of that day’s interviews here.
At the conclusion of the final interview on Friday, the Presidential Search Advisory Committee will meet regarding advancing candidates to the FGCU Board of Trustees (BOT) for hiring consideration. After the meeting, the committee will be able to determine the specific schedules for public candidate forums on Wednesday, Dec. 7 and Thursday, Dec. 8 in advance of the BOT’s Friday, Dec. 9 meeting.