Beginning Nov. 4 with a triple-header of matches for swimming and diving, volleyball and women’s soccer, Eagles fans will have the opportunity to donate canned goods at up to 13 home events throughout the month of November.
FGCU Athletics’ annual #FEEDFGCU food drive benefits the FGCU Campus Food Pantry. Boxes will be placed at the marketing tables upon entry into each sports venue, and fans who donate 10 or more canned items per game will receive an FGCU-branded lunch box. The food will go directly to the pantry to help students experiencing food insecurity.
Current students are eligible for food assistance once a week with valid ID. The pantry is in the Music Modular Room 102. Monetary donations can be made through a secure site. Identify your donation for the pantry by selecting ‘Other’ when asked where you would like your donation to go; enter ‘Campus Food Pantry’ in the online form.
This marks the third-straight November that FGCU Athletics has held a canned food drive. Two years ago, 476 pounds were donated, and that totaled jumped to 687 pounds last year — an increase of 44 percent. A similar drive is also scheduled to occur for April home events.
FGCU Athletics sponsors events throughout the year to benefit the food pantry, one of the department’s charities of choice. For more information, including how to make a contribution, visit the pantry website. Help spread the word by using #FEEDFGCU on social media.
- Nov. 4: Swimming & Diving vs. Florida State, Florida Southern & West Florida, 5 PM; Volleyball vs. Lipscomb, 6 PM; No. 1 Seed Women’s Soccer vs. No. 4 Seed Kennesaw State, 7 PM
- Nov. 5: Swimming & Diving vs. Florida State, Florida Southern & West Florida, 10 AM; Volleyball vs. Kennesaw State, 6 PM; No. 2 Seed Men’s Soccer vs. No. 3 Seed Lipscomb/No. 6 Seed Stetson, 7 PM
- *Nov. 6: Women’s Soccer ASUN Championship Final, 1 PM
- *Nov. 12: Men’s Soccer ASUN Championship Final, 7 PM
- Nov. 15: Women’s Basketball vs. FIU, 7 PM
- Nov. 16: Men’s Basketball vs. UT Arlington, 7 PM
- Nov. 23: Men’s Basketball vs. Binghamton, 7 PM
- Nov. 25: Men’s Basketball vs. Long Beach State, 8 PM
- Nov. 29: Men’s Basketball vs. Ave Maria, 7 PM
*Game not guaranteed – based off previous results