Board of Trustees Chair Dudley Goodlette has announced the appointment of the FGCU Presidential Search Advisory Committee. The committee’s first meeting will be Tuesday, April 5 at 8:30 a.m. in Cohen Center 213.
The FGCU Board of Trustees will select a new president, with input from the advisory committee, to succeed Wilson G. Bradshaw on his June 30, 2017 retirement.
“The search for FGCU’s next president will be an inclusive process involving diverse representatives of FGCU’s faculty, staff, students, alumni, Financing Corporation Board of Directors, Board of Trustees and Foundation Board of Directors as well as community members,” Goodlette said. “These individuals are all well qualified to provide strategic perspective in the selection process and to help identify the best candidate to lead FGCU as it continues to grow and develop in the years to come.”
Advisory Committee members are:
- COMMITTEE CHAIR — Dr. Ken Smith, President and CEO of Tarpon Blue Resource & Land Management, Inc.; former Executive Vice President and COO of Alico, Inc.; and Florida Gulf Coast University Board of Trustees
- COMMITTEE VICE CHAIR – Ms. Robbie B. Roepstorff, President of Edison National Bank/Bank of the Islands; and Florida Gulf Coast University Board of Trustees
- BOARD OF GOVERNORS REPRESENTATIVE — Mr. Edward Morton, Principal of Wasmer Schroeder & Co., Naples; Retired CEO of NCH Healthcare System; Past Vice Chair of Florida Gulf Coast University Board of Trustees; Chairman Emeritus of Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation Board of Directors; and member of the Board of Governors of the State University System of Florida
- Mr. Richard Ackert, Retired President and CEO of SouthTrust Bank of Southwest Florida; Chairperson Emeritus of Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation Board of Directors; and Chairman of Florida Gulf Coast University Financing Corporation Board of Directors
- Dr. Tim Allen, Alico Chair and Eminent Scholar of Finance in the Florida Gulf Coast University Lutgert College of Business
- Mr. David Call, Regional President, Fifth Third Bank, South Florida; and Chair of the Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation Board of Directors
- Mr. Harry Casimir, Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder of Atilus web design and marketing firm, and Chair of Florida Gulf Coast University Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Ms. Nicole Catalfamo, Vice President of Staff Advisory Council (SAC); and Coordinator of Loans and Employment Programs in the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Mr. Thieldens Elneus, Florida Gulf Coast University Board of Trustees; President of Florida Gulf Coast University Student Government; and Computer Information Systems major
- Dr. Robert Gregerson, Dean and Professor of Biology in the Florida Gulf Coast University College of Arts & Sciences
- Mr. Lindsay Harrington, Community Commercial Realtor with Coldwell Banker Residential; former member of Florida House of Representatives (1996-2004); and former member of Florida Gulf Coast University Board of Trustees
- Dr. Madelyn Isaacs, Professor and Chair in the Dept. of Counseling in the Florida Gulf Coast University College of Health Professions & Social Work
- Dr. Sharon Isern, Professor in the Dept. of Biological Sciences in the Florida Gulf Coast University College of Arts & Sciences
- Ms. Pamela Noland, Attorney and former Executive Vice President and CEO of Lee County Electric Cooperative
- Mr. Charles Winton, President of Estero Bay Chevrolet, and Chairman Emeritus of Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation Board of Directors
“I look forward to working with advisory committee members as we begin the important task of recommending an appropriate leader to guide FGCU beyond 2017,” Dr. Smith said. “We are confident we will find a candidate who has the vision to chart the university’s future while remaining true to its history, principles and constituents.”
A website for the presidential search in under development.