Florida Gulf Coast University will amp up Eagle pride and honor students past and present during Homecoming activities Feb. 14-17.
The annual celebration, which was introduced last year in conjunction with Alumni Weekend, aims to engage roughly 15,000 current students as well as welcome back home some of our 27,000 Eagle alumni. Events include:
Wednesday, Feb. 14
- Homecoming Kick-Off for current students on the Library Lawn at 11 a.m. Enjoy free food, live music, performances by the FGCU Cheerleaders and Dancing E’Gals and grab some giveaways.
- Students and alumni will compete performing songs ranging from oldies to today’s hits in a Lip Sync Battle at 9 p.m. in the Cohen Center ballroom.
Thursday, Feb. 15
- Paint the Town will pair student organizations and the Homecoming court with businesses in Gulf Coast Town Center to decorate the center in Eagle Green and Blue from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The class of 1998 will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a wine tasting at 5:30 p.m. in the Sugden Hall wine-tasting and food demonstration rooms.
- Homecoming Comedy Show featuring Jay Pharaoh at 9 p.m. in the Cohen Center ballroom.
Friday, Feb. 16
- Hear from outstanding alumni who work in local nonprofits from noon to 3 p.m. at the Library Lawn.
- At 6 p.m. Friday, the annual Alumni Awards in the Lutgert Courtyard will honor this year’s inductees to the Alumni of Distinction and Soaring Eagles societies — FGCU’s greatest tributes to alumni who have made an impact since graduating.
- Join student organizations for Eagles Fan Fest, a night of talent, spirit contests, music, free food and raffle prizes from 9-11 p.m. at the Recreation Outdoor Complex.
Saturday, Feb. 17
- The day’s festivities start at 12:30 p.m. with a basketball scrimmage in Alico Arena featuring former FGCU players and cheerleaders. The Alumni Avenue Tailgate Party begins at 3 p.m. at the Recreation Outdoor Complex as Eagles prepare to cheer on the women’s basketball team at 4 p.m. at Alico. The party continues until the start of the men’s basketball game, where at 7 p.m. Forever an Eagle members enjoy an exclusive reception in the hospitality suite.
- Students and alumni will paint encouraging messages for the Eagle basketball teams and coaches to read in front of Alico Arena starting at 3 p.m.; the Student Tailgate Party follows from 5 to 7 p.m. at the ROC before the men’s basketball game, courtesy of the Student Alumni Association.