Students working in sculpture, drawing, digital media, printmaking, painting and ceramics submit their finest works each year for the Art Galleries of Florida Gulf Coast University annual juried show, which is on display through Thursday, April 6 in the Main Gallery.
From more than 300 submissions, about 70 were chosen for the 19th Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition by the jurors: Chad Jensen, creative director of Thomas Riley Studios; Gisela Carbonell, director of Curatorial Affairs at Artis-Naples, The Baker Museum; and Andy Brown, program manager for the United Arts Council.
The exhibition is sponsored in part by U. Tobe, FineMark National Bank & Trust, Thomas Riley Studio, the Smith Family Foundation of Estero, The Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel, and the Stage of Florida, Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Council on Arts and Culture.
The Main Gallery is located inside the Arts Complex. Parking is available in Lot 7 for gallery visitors; parking passes are available at the parking information booth located at the university entrance. Gallery hours are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Thursday until 8 p.m.
Scholarships and cash awards were presented to students at the opening reception on March 23:
- College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Scholarship Award: Caitlin Rosolen-De Jesus
- FineMark Bank Scholarship Award: Karri Leamon
- Thomas Riley Studio Scholarship Award: Gianna Dubay
- Carl E. Schwartz Award for Artistic Endeavor: Ariana Myers
- Southwest Florida Fine Craft Guild Award of Excellence: Ellen Meade, Andrea Mucci, Kaitlin Dowis, Kevin Hughsam
- Robert Rauschenberg Residency Private Studio Tour Award: Isabella Baquetazo, Adrianna Arago, Courtney Diekelmann, Charlotte Slabach
- Sanibel – Captiva Rotary Club Award of Excellence: Chloe Isabella Lewis
- Frame-It of Bonita Springs Award of Excellence: Courtney Frahm, Marile Franco